The Beacon YSC is for ALL students enrolled in Danville High School and Bate Middle School.
The Beacon YSC services are funded by a grant through the state of Kentucky. Coordinators also work with local agencies and businesses to assist families with locating resources to meet their specific needs.
- Referrals to health and social services
- Career exploration and development
- Summer and part-time job development
- Substance abuse education and counseling
- Family crisis and mental health Counseling
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Have Questions? Need Help? Unsure where to start? Call us! The great thing about the Beacon YSC is our flexibility. If we don’t have a program to meet your needs, we will help you find one. Our goal is to help make it easy for your child to learn and succeed.
The Danville Independent Schools Family Resource and Youth Services Centers (FRYSC) are school based, state grant-funded centers designed to identify, coordinate and make effective use of existing school and community resources to increase students' academic success.
STATE MANDATED COMPONENTS:
• Referrals to health and social services;
• Career exploration and development;
• Summer and part-time job development for high school students;
• Substance abuse education and counseling; and,
• Family crisis and mental health counseling.
YOUTH SERVICES CENTER GOALS:
- To promote young people’s progress toward capable and productive adulthood by assisting them to recognize their individual and family strengths and to address problems that block their success in school;
- To promote supportive peer group relationships among young people, and supportive relationships among young people, their families, and persons in the school and community, in order to develop positive self-esteem and competence;
- To generate optimal parental and family involvement by offering learning and service opportunities that will enable parents and other family members to participate in center, school and community activities as providers, participants and volunteers; and,
- To assist young people to make effective use of community resources, including employment and training resources, and health, mental health and social services resources as necessary.