NOTICE OF VACANT DANVILLE INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Danville Independent Schools Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing the District at large. This appointment will be effective until the November 2025 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget.
Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at 115 E. Lexington Ave. or below (see link). Mail (or hand deliver) applications to: Board Secretary Susan Padgett, ATTN: Board Vacancy, 115 E. Lexington Ave., Danville, KY 40422.
The Board must receive applications by the deadline of Tuesday, Jan. 31, at 12 p.m., noon. Click the link below to access the application.