Skip To Main Content

Non-Resident Application

 Non-Resident Student Transfer/Registration/Waiver Form

Hogsett students complete an art project

What it means

If you live outside of the Danville Independent School District but want your child to attend school in the district, you can submit a non-resident admission application. 

The application must have a student summary report that includes grades, attendance and behavior for the prior year. In addition, we need an IEP, 504 plan, and gifted and talented information, if applicable to your child.  

Bate students and families shop at a book fair in the library.

Why choose Danville Schools?

  • Dual credit opportunities through UK & BCTC
  • Variety of Advanced Placement Courses and Career and Technical Education opportunities
  • Free breakfast & lunch for all students
  • Admiral Adventure Academy is an after-school program that offers games, outside play, field trips, guest speakers and arts & crafts for students grades K-5. 
  • Award-winning arts & athletics 
  • An approximate 1:14 teacher-to-student ratio means small class sizes and more individualized learning.
  • We are a community that values our diversity.
Toliver drama club students perform at a showcase.

How do I apply?

Physical copies of the application are available for pickup at Central Office, 115 E. Lexington Ave. in Danville. 

You can also download a PDF of the application by clicking the button below.

Submit your application via email to, or bring it to Central Office. 

Non-Resident Student Transfer/Registration/Waiver Form

DHS basketball teams show off their tournament trophy.