A couple of highlights from the Board of Education meeting on Monday, Sept. 18 were Edna L. Toliver Intermediate School's student and teacher recognitions, as well as updates to the board's meeting schedule.
Congratulations to the following Toliver students recognized:
- Kennedy Graves was recognized for going above and beyond in her class, and helping her classmates.
- Ian Reece, Harper Followell and Ali Bates were recognized for their excellence in leading morning assembly.
- 4th Grade Teacher Lyndsey Carpenter received a certificate of excellence for her dedication to Toliver, and for running summer school.
The board canceled the board meeting scheduled for Oct. 16 and set the following meetings:
- Oct. 10 is set as a joint meeting between the board and the superintendent screening committee and will take place in the Board of Education office at 6 p.m.
- Also related to the superintendent search, the board set the following special called meeting dates:
- Oct. 30 at 6 p.m. in the Board of Education Office
- Nov. 1 at 6 p.m. in the Board of Education office
- Nov. 7, Nov. 8 and Nov. 9 at the Art Center of the Bluegrass at 6 p.m.
- Danville Independent Schools
- board of education