The Danville Independent School District’s Board of Education voted unanimously during a work session on Monday, Aug. 7 to approve a superintendent search timeline.
The board approved the timeline, which consists of the following key dates.
- Aug. 18: The superintendent position is officially posted. Advertising begins, and a screening committee is organized. During the posting timeframe, the district will also release a survey to community members, families, staff members, students and other stakeholders asking them about qualities they would like to see in the new superintendent.
- Oct. 3: Applications close at 4 p.m.
- Oct. 10, 6 p.m. at the Board of Education office: Joint meeting of the Board of Education and the screening committee. This will be the date of the first screening committee meeting.
- Oct. 17, 5 p.m. at the Board of Education office: Second screening committee meeting. Applicants will be narrowed for board consideration.
- Oct. 23, 6 p.m. at John W. Bate Middle School: There will be a joint meeting where the board will receive recommendations from the committee. The board will have a planning meeting following their joint meeting with the committee.
- Oct. 30-Nov. 3: The board will conduct reference checks.
- Nov. 6-10: The board will interview candidates.
- Nov. 14: The new superintendent will be announced.
This timeline is subject to change.
Additionally, the board voted to appoint Interim Superintendent Elmer Thomas as the search facilitator, meaning the district itself will be conducting the search.
“As we begin the new superintendent search, we look forward to hearing from the school faculty and community,” said Board Chair Esther Rugerio. “In our last search, we focused on transparency and public input, and we will continue that with our new search. All board members are excited to begin. This will be a new adventure and a new journey.”
- Danville Independent Schools
- superintendent search