Notice of Vacant Danville Independent Board of Education Seat
The Danville Independent Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing the District at large. This appointment will be effective until the end of the term on December 31, 2022.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget. Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at 115 E. Lexington Ave., Danville, KY 40422 or online at www.danvilleschools.net. Mail applications (or hand deliver) to: Tammy McDonald, Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, 115 E. Lexington Ave., Danville, KY 40422.
Applications are due by 3 pm on July 12, 2021.
Board Vacancy Application