Relatives As Parents (RAP) is a program designed to assist family members who are raising children other than their own. The goals of RAP are to provide families with the following services:
- Support offering a social network for grandparents/relatives raising children under 18
- Referrals and access to appropriate community-based services and resources
- Opportunities to learn and provide support to and from families in similar situations
- Tips for coping with changing family dynamics
- An understanding of effective ways to negotiate with outside services
· A grandparent raising grandchildren?
· An aunt or uncle raising nieces or nephews?
· A sibling raising a brother or sister?
· A cousin raising your cousin’s children?
· Raising a child under 18 not born to you?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, we are here to help!