Once the decision has been made to apply to a college, students and families should follow these steps to complete the application process:
Application: The Danville High School Counseling Department recommends that students complete their applications by November 1. Application deadlines; however, vary by school.
- On-line:: The majority of college and universities encourage students to apply for admission via their online application. Links to online applications can be found at each college's admission webpage.
- Paper: While many colleges have eliminated their paper applications entirely, some colleges have downloadable applications on their websites, or will provide a paper application when requested by students.
- The Common Application: Many colleges and universities across the country subscribe to a program that allows students to complete a single college application and have it sent to any participating school.
- Supplemental Materials: If the college(s) that you are applying to require any additional materials to be sent, other than a transcript, please complete the supplemental materials and contact the counseling department about additional resources to fulfill the college application. See a counselor if you have any questions.
Standardized Test Results
- Danville High School provides standardized testing results to colleges; however, it is the student's responsibility to have their official scores sent to the colleges to which they are applying. Students can request ACT or SAT scores be sent directly to the colleges they are interested as "official results."
Letters of Recommendation