The following actions will be taken with students who arrive at school with clothing that does not meet the regulations of the policy.
MGH Staff Dress Requirements
As professionals in our schools, we realize and value the public’s perception of our roles as mentors and models for students. Staff persons at Hogsett Elementary are to arrive at work dressed professionally. The following guidelines are to be followed by all staff members:
· Blue jean pants (without rips or holes) are permitted only on dress-down Fridays and on special occasions as designated and announced by the principal (field trips, field day, etc.)
· Professional tops/shirts are required.
· Tops/shirts/dresses shall have sleeves. Cleavage should be completely covered. The trunk of the body should be covered at all times (bending and sitting included).
· Flip-flops are not permitted. If there is a piece between the toes, the shoe must be leather and have a heel.
· Sweat suits or sweat pants are not permitted.
· Shorts are not permitted (including knee length shorts).
“One of the reasons we have schools is for students to learn what is appropriate. Young people learn what is appropriate in society by looking at their adult role models. Your dress and your behavior are what young people will take to be appropriate.”