Energy Program Background:
· Kentucky House Bill 2 was signed into law in 2008 requiring all school districts to enroll in the KEEPS Program by January 1, 2010.
· The Kentucky Energy Efficiency Program for Schools (KEEPS) was formed and helps districts reduce energy consumption and lower operating costs. KEEPS is administered by the Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center based at the University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering.
· The Danville BOE adopted a District Energy Board Policy in the Spring 2010 and appointed a District Energy Team to represent our school community.
· The district joined a seven school district consortium that hired a energy manager to assist with the development and implementation of a District Energy Plan. The funding was provided through a grant administered through KSBA.
· The Danville Schools District Energy Team begin its work in late August and has met regularly to develop our mission statement and goals.
The District Energy Team is developing a comprehensive plan that will be used to implement our mission and goals. We will be using a variety of resources to get out the message. There are two key components to successful, on-going plan (1) COMMUNICATION and (2) OWNERSHIP. It is our goal that YOU will be a partner in implementing our plan and that you will SHARE THE MESSAGE!